Jun 10, 2011

Lily's Boots: Tea for Tulips

This week (and the end of last week) officially kicked off the "Preparation for IFE Madness" for me, so I haven't traveled too far (aside from all over the farm to make sure we're on track!). But I did find a little inspiration while kicking my boots up at home...  

I am definitely no floral designer, but I had a lot of fun with arranging my flowers in unusual containers. Of course I've been taking pictures of my creations, as I have developed this not-so-humble suspicion that I might be some kind of creative floral arranging genius! Okay, maybe not. But here are a couple pictures of my latest "masterpieces." I'll let you decide on the whole genius thing.


I put about about ten Tulip stems in the opening of this little black
tea pot. The Tulips looked simply stunning against the shiny black
 "vase." My favorite part is the Tulip coming out of the spout!

This arrangement made my coffee table! I love the contrast
between the white tea pot, the black table and the red Tulips.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to ever stick a flower in a tea pot, but I do think that putting flowers in unexpected places is an eye-catching way to make a well-known flower seem like a novelty. For example, single Gerberas in votive candle holders make portable little pops of color for any room of the house. Got an empty honey jar? Fill it with a small, summery bouquet. What about encompassing a red bud in a wine glass? So many ways to do flowers differently!

I guess these simple ideas might not earn me flower arranging prodigy status, so I'll settle for the title of simply "creative," in lieu of "creative genius." But I intend to keep searching for new ways to put my flowers on display. After all, flowers are fantastic tools for self-expression!

What unique containers have you used in your floral arrangements? Share them here with links to the pictures (if you've got 'em)!

Related Posts

Lily's Boots: Tea for Tulips
4/ 5
Oleh