Jun 5, 2017

Day 2790 - What's the view like where you're sitting right now?

Let's share our views



What's the view like where you're sitting right now?

As you read this, take a look around you.  As you look forward, what do you see?  Look up. To the left.  To the right.  Now turn around, what is behind you?

When you look are you focussing on objects close to you or are you more interested in what's in the distance?




This could be a post about vision.  I could start chatting about short sightedness versus long sightedness and how glasses make you look 10 x smarter. I could go deeper and wax lyrical about visualisation, short term goals and long term dreams.

But really this post is just about what you can see right now.  Your view right this minute.  There's nothing metaphorical about it (as much as I'm tempted I just don't have the energy today).

What I see is flesh painted acrylic nails on a keyboard. A scrap of paper with a note in black Artline that says "fees, uniform, letter" and another scrap of paper with "view from here".  I see the screen in front of me with my words magically appearing to the sound of my acrylics tapping. I see a pathology form for the model daughter, an envelope waiting to house a set of keys, some unopened bank statements and a Cheer Chick Charlie coffee mug.  There's a pile of business cards of people I met once, there's a magnet with the phone number for the National Home Doctor Service, a calculator and an old digital camera that used to be so important to me before the Samsung phone arrived.

Above my computer screen are canvasses and signs telling me to believe in myself, that dreams can come true and "yes" is the word I should be using as "no" is sooooo 10 years ago.

To my left there is a pile of paper, books and folders. It's an in-tray of sorts but really it's just a disorganised pile of stuff I've just shoved to the side.  The latest Charlie book, diary pages for our coast house rentals, receipts, my FitBit box, kids assignments, my postage log, more unopened bank statements, a folder of computer instructions, handwritten notes reminding me of my soccer duties, Cheer Kids Magazine pages, prescriptions, my diary and an information sheet on whether or not you should use antihistamines for itchy dogs.

To my right is my stapler, hard drive, Dymo label printer, a pile of books, another computer screen and my mouse.  Beside my desk is my shelves that house the folders and files for my organised self.

If I look hard right I can see the doors to my balcony.  At dawn all I see is blackness but in an hour or so I will be able to look over the roofs of the houses in my suburb from my second storey perch across to the Brindabella Mountains in the distance.  In another month there may be snow on their peaks.

Due to the wonders of the swivel chair I can turn around and see my brown lounge suite with perfectly plumped cushions.  There's a fire place to the left and and world globe to the right.  My husband's desk sits at the far side of the room with a Foosball table in one corner.

That's what the view looks like where I'm sitting right now.

I'm not going to turn this post into anything other than what it is.  An exercise in looking at what's around us.

Really looking.

What's the view like where you're sitting right now?

What do you see?


Related Posts

Day 2790 - What's the view like where you're sitting right now?
4/ 5
Oleh