May 25, 2017

Day 2779 - The Lovin Life Linky - the theme song edition

Do you have a theme song?



The other night the hubster and I were sitting in the hot tub listening to some tunes when "The Whole of the Moon" came on by The Waterboys.  You know the one?


I pictured a rainbow
You held it in your hands

I had flashes

But you saw the plan

I wandered out in the world for years
While you just stayed in your room
I saw the crescent
You saw the whole of the moon
The whole of the moon


It's a nice little ditty but I can't say I've ever really sat and analysed the words.

My husband said "this song always reminds me of you".

It does?

Apparently before we met he only ever saw the smaller stuff and never aimed very high. He only ever saw the crescent. I helped him reach higher and opened his mind to the possibilities. I saw the whole of the moon. Or something. Isn't that sweet?  He's a keeper.




I love that he has nice songs that remind him of me.

There are a bunch of songs that remind me of him too of course. One of the first songs he ever introduced me to was "Downstream" by Supertramp.  As far as I'm concerned that is our song.

Once when we were in Melbourne at a hotel we asked the piano player if he could play it . He did. We were actually a bit surprised that he knew it.

A year later we walked into the same hotel and the piano player was still there.  We saw the recognition in his eyes and he gave us a small wave. Without a word between us he just started playing it.  It was magic.

Took a boat Sunday, down by the sea
It just felt so nice, you and me
We didn't have a problem or a care
And all around was silence, everywhere




Today as our eldest daughter heads into surgery to have her fourth sarcoma removed, I think the theme song for today might be "Fight Song" by Rachel Platten.

It was always a cool song but it became even cooler for me when teenager Caly sang it on Ellen and in America's Got Talent because it was the song that helped her fight cancer.  She gave the song extra power for me and every time I hear it now I get tingles of emotion and an overall feeling of "let's do this!" runs through my veins.

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me



That's what I'm lovin' about life this week.  The fact that music can help us express our feelings and it can also help lift us when we're down.

Do you have a theme song?

What song reminds you of a loved one?

What are you lovin' about life this week? 

*   *   *   *   *

The Lovin' Life Linky is brought to you by Team Lovin' Life: Deep Fried Fruit, Seize the Day Project, Write of the MiddleAnd Anyways50 Shades of Age and Lifestyle Fifty #teamlovinlife





Related Posts

Day 2779 - The Lovin Life Linky - the theme song edition
4/ 5
Oleh