May 2, 2017

Day 2756 - Embracing Grandparenthood

I'm going to let you in on a little secret ...


If you've been following me forever, then you'll know that I'm a grandparent.  You'll also know that because I'm the "step" grandparent that I wanted to only be a grandparent when I felt like it and I'd planned to declare "grandparent immunity" when I didn't.  



A lot has happened since I wrote that post in 2012.  The big grown up daughter has had to endure far too much for a young mum. 

There's been 4 bouts of cancer, a marriage break up, moving house, lawyers and her return home. Some very dark shadows for our girl, but they are balanced with the sunshine and wonderment of her gorgeous baby. 



Well, that grand baby is not a baby anymore.  In fact today is her birthday and she's 4 years old.

Through all the challenges she's been a constant source of joy for everyone and has made this world a far better place to be.

I can safely say I no longer declare grandparent immunity.  I love being Nanny Lea to this little munchkin and I can't wait to watch her grow and thrive.

Thanks for lighting up our life Lola and happy birthday.




Related Posts

Day 2756 - Embracing Grandparenthood
4/ 5
Oleh