Nov 18, 2014

Guest Post from Generation Y

I met Lillianna Tapia at a PMA (Produce Marketing Association) flower reception at the SoCal FPFC (Fresh Produce and Floral Council) this summer. She was participating in the PMA Foundation Career Pathways Program. I ran into her again at the PMA Fresh Summit in Anaheim, last month. We agreed that we would send her flowers, and she would write a bit about what flowers mean to her as a member of Generation Y.

~

I am Generation Y, I love flowers! Growing up, I developed a natural appreciation for flowers and their beauty, as well as the sentimental value they hold.  I have always felt that the presence of flowers aids in bringing a positive state of mind to almost any room or environment. Both from an aesthetics stand point as well as the overall feeling of peace, joy and nature.


My mother has done a great of job keeping the occasional arrangements in her house. Even now, when I walk through my parent’s front door and see a fresh bouquet of flowers, it adds an elegant touch of simple beauty, as well as radiates a fresh aroma that beats any artificial scent.

Being the lucky daughter of a traditional father whom has yet to come home empty-handed for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, my mother’s birthday, or their anniversary; has led me to realize that flowers are also a gesture of love. I like to consider myself the romantic type; I find it to be quite charming to know that there is still some chivalry alive in this world, and the classic gift of a beautiful bouquet of flowers is still a tradition to many people.

Lilli at home.
For the last few months I have had the pleasure of working for the floral shop at Fresno State. It’s been a great experience to learn about the floral industry. Working with a variety of flowers helps to brighten your day no matter you’re initial mood. It’s absolutely great to see the finished product as well as the emotion of those accepting the flowers. It’s priceless.
                                                                                                         -Lillianna Tapia

Flower Talk blog
                                                       

Related Posts

Guest Post from Generation Y
4/ 5
Oleh